+234 (0)8163306237, +234 (0)9091478354, +234 (0)7045494991, +234 (0)9091478309 lagos@y2golimited.com, info@y2golimited.com

Do you have difficulty securing admission to study abroad or have you been filling the form wrongly or making the wrong choices? You’ve come to the right place to meet the right people! Our FAQ page will give you answers to every question you may have. Simply click on each question below to reveal the answer.

How can Y2GO help me?

Y2GO can help you with making the right choice as regards which course to study as well as which institution to study at. There are many courses on offer and many educational institutions to choose from in the UK. OUR TEAM will use their experience to ensure that you make the informed decision. OUR TEAM will also guide you through the visa application process.

What should I do now and what do I need to apply?

You need to contact the Y2GO office nearest to you through this website for further assistance. OUR TEAM will be happy to assist you. To apply, we will need certified copies of all your academic certificates and transcripts, a reference letter (2 if applying for a post graduate course) and a personal statement of about 250 words.

What time is required for the process?

Students should give themselves as much time as possible to go through the entire process. We suggest a minimum of 3 months so that there will be no rush or last minute panic.

What is maintenance?

Maintenance has to do with showing that one is able to cater for their education without a problem. The student must show enough funds for their tuition fees and living expenses for the first year of their course and this amount should have been in the account for not less than 28 days. For clear advice on this please speak to a member of OUR TEAM.

What are the costs of studying in one of your institutions?

These costs should vary depending on the country where you study. You should expect to spend on average between £8,000 – £12,000 per annum on tuition fees and £6,000 – £9,000 per annum on living expenses which includes accommodation, food, clothing and travel. These costs vary depending on the course of study and the location of university.

Am I able to work in the UK?

Generally the answer is yes and you will be allowed by law to work 20 hours per week if you are studying for a degree (undergraduate or masters) or PhD. However it does depend on your course and university and you must always check the position with a member of OUR TEAM.

How do I apply for the student visa?

OUR TEAM are highly trained and have years of experience which they will efficiently apply in guiding you through the visa process. All you need to do is to visit the nearest Y2GO office to you and meet OUR TEAM who will be more than happy to assist you.

Where can I get the university application forms?

Please visit us in our office as we have all the latest application forms, which we will give you to fill and send them on your behalf, together with all the other relevant documentations to the relevant university.

What is a CAS number?

The Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) number is a unique number that is created for a student who has met all the university requirements, which allows the student to apply for a student visa. The CAS number can only be used once, and therefore, if a student for one reason or another gets a refusal, will be required to re-apply for another CAS number from the institution he/she wishes to study at.

Do I have to pay a deposit and is it refundable?

Yes, in most cases now, universities require that you make a part payment on your tuition fees and/or accommodation. This is for you to show your commitment towards studying the course and also to reserve your place and accommodation. The refund policy for most if not all of the universities in our network is that deposits will be refunded in full, minus an administration fee, if the student is denied a visa. In such a case, the original valid visa refusal letter must be produced. Visa refusals emanating from use of forged or falsified information may attract harsher penalties.

What is the Points Based System?

The Points Based System is a new system that is being used by the UK Border Agency (UKBA) to assess and issue permission for students to study in the UK. Each student must meet a minimum of 40 points before they can be issued with a student visa. 30 points are awarded for being in possession of a valid CAS number while 10 points are awarded for showing the right financial or maintenance documentation.

Where can I get further information?

For all other inquiries, please feel free to call any member of OUR TEAM, email Y2GO or visit one of our offices and we will be glad to assist you.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This