Facts and Figures
- Liepaja University is accredited state higher educational establishment, which implements study programs at all three study levels: basic studies, Master and Doctorate studies.
- Every year about 30 study programs are implemented.
- Full-time and part-time studies.
- The number of elected teaching staff members – 74, among them more than 64,8% – Doctors of Sciences; 35.1 % professors and associate professors.
- About 2000 students.
- LiepU has its own anthem, coat of arms, logo and a banner.
- More than 20 thousand graduates
Some historical facts:
- The higher educational establishment was founded in 1954 on the basis of Teacher Training Institute.
- Its original name – Liepaja Pedagogical Institute.
- The first campus – Baseina iela 9, Liepaja.
- For long years the educational establishment offered education in educational science. Concurrently with teacher training study programs a broad spectrum of non-pedagogical study programs has been offered since 1990.
- In the course of time the name of the higher educational establishment has changed more than once. On 16 July 2008 Liepāja Academy of Pedagogy became Liepaja University (LiepU).
Contact Us for more information.