Situated 120 miles west of London (90 minutes by train), Bristol offers superb transport links including a great location next to two of the UK’s largest motorways (M4/M5), a busy central train station, an extensive bus service, and a rapidly expanding airport.
Bristol is an incredibly convenient place to reach no matter where you’re coming from. Bristol has a rich and eventful history stretching back over many centuries…
Reasons to Study at University of West England
- They work with over 1000 employers and professional bodies. This is so you can be sure that you will be exposed to industry and employer needs from day one.
- Their Employers Fair is one of the biggest, attracting over 130 employers every year.
- Every year 4000 UTHEY students take up the chance of placements and internships in business and community programmes.
- They are the 11th best university for employment performance in England (HESA 2011).
- 5% of UTHEY graduates are employed or doing further study within the first six months of graduation (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education Survey 2011).
- Their students have access to industry-standard learning facilities which are geared up to deliver innovative course practice.
- It goes without saying that as a UWE student, you can access library resources from anywhere with internet access, including books and specialist journals, videos, e-books, e-journals bibliographic databases and past examination papers.
- What’s more, they are one of the first universities in the UK to offer a 24-htheir online library chat service so you can get out-of-hours advice from a network of 400 academic libraries across the US and in the UK.
- They support online learning through Blackboard, one of the most extensive university virtual learning environments. This can be used by your tutors to give you access to lecture notes and teaching materials 24 hours a day, and to support online discussions with staffs and students about your course.
- They offer computing round the clock with 60 computer rooms in the university, one of which is open 24 hours a day. All campuses have networked PCs with access to email and the internet. Laser and colour printing facilities are also available.
COURSES AND FEES AND ACCOMMODATION
Accounting and Finance – BA(Hons)
Accounting and Finance (Accelerated Learning) – BA(Hons)
Accounting and Financial Management (Fast Track route for qualified professionals) – MSc
Accounting and Financial Management (full-time) – MSc
Adult Nursing (Conversion) – BSc(Hons)
Advanced Forensic Analysis – MSc/Postgraduate Diploma/PG Certificate
Advanced Legal Practice – LLM
Architectural Engineering and Management * – BEng(Hons)
Architectural Technology and Design – BSc(Hons)
Architecture – BSc(Hons)
Architecture – MArch
Architecture and Environmental Engineering – BEng(Hons)
Architecture and Planning – BA(Hons)
Art, Media and Design by Project – MA/Postgraduate Diploma
Audio and Music Technology – BSc(Hons)
Automotive Engineering – MEng
Automotive Engineering – BEng(Hons)
Banking and Finance – BA(Hons)
Bar Professional Training Course (full-time) – Postgraduate Diploma
Bar Professional Training Course (part-time) – Postgraduate Diploma
Bio-Sensing Technology – MSc by Research
Biological Sciences – BSc(Hons)
Biomedical Science – BSc(Hons)
Biomedical Science – MSc/Postgraduate Diploma
Biomedical Science – Professional Doctorate
Bioveterinary Science – BSc(Hons)
Business Management with Economics – BA(Hons)
Business Management with Marketing – BA(Hons)
Business and Events Management – BA(Hons)
Business and Human Resource Management – BA(Hons)
Business and Law – BA(Hons)
Business and Management – BA(Hons)
Business and Management (Accelerated Learning) – BA(Hons)
Coaching Science – Postgraduate Certificate
Coaching Science – MSc
Coaching Science – Postgraduate Diploma
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Postgraduate Diploma
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – MSc
Commercial Law – LLM/Postgraduate Diploma/Postgraduate Certificate
Commercial Law – LLB(Hons)
Commercial Law (Accelerated Learning) – LLB(Hons)
Computer Science – BSc(Hons)
Computer Systems Integration – BSc(Hons)
Computing – BSc(Hons)
Computing Foundation Programme – Foundation year
Construction Project Management – MSc
Construction Project Management – BSc(Hons)
Construction Project Management (HND top-up) – BSc(Hons)
Counselling – Certificate
Counselling – Diploma in Professional Studies
Counselling Psychology – Professional Doctorate
Creative Music Technology – BSc(Hons)
Creative Practices – FdA
Creative Product Design – BSc(Hons)
Criminology – BA(Hons)
Criminology and Criminal Justice – FdA
Criminology and Law – BA(Hons)
Criminology and Sociology – BA(Hons)
Criminology with Psychology – BSc(Hons)
Culture – MA by Research
Student Village accommodation features:
- receptions, extensive CCTV monitoring and on-site staff
- each study bedroom has a single bed, wardrobe, desk and chair, bookshelves, bedside cabinet, desk lamp and mirror. The rooms are fully furnished with carpets and curtains
- a limited number of superior rooms are available with a larger desk space at a slightly higher weekly rent.
- all study bedrooms are en-suite, superior rooms have a larger en-suite shower room
- kitchens are equipped with a cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, waste bin, storage cupboards and ironing board
- dining area benefits from a designated breakfast area with 6 stools
- a three-seater sofa, easy chairs and coffee tables in each communal living area
- heating is provided by wall-mounted electric convection heaters with thermostatic and energy saving timer controls
UWE Bristol International Scholarships: Undergraduate
UWE Bristol offers a range of scholarships for international undergraduate students.
Academic Merit – Undergraduate Scholarship
|Award values||up to £1,500|
|Award type||Academic excellence|
|Award duration||One academic year|
|Number of awards available||Unlimited|
|Nationalities accepted||All international|
|Eligible applicants must||
UNDERGRADUATE TUITION FEE: £10,750
POSTGRADUATE TUITION FEE: £ 11,250
One of the most vibrant cities in the UK and always popular with students. You have to see the campus to truly appreciate it – very modern and impressive. Fantastic accommodation.